Reset Windows Device to Windows Home Version - Only Use When Leaving Hawken
To restore factory settings and install Windows 11 Home refer to below steps:
Only follow these steps if you have backed up your data and are leaving Hawken School.
THIS PROCESS WILL DELETE ALL DATA, SETTINGS, AND APPLICATIONS
To complete this process you will need a reliable internet connection and a blank USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of space, or a blank DVD (and
DVD burner). We recommend using a blank USB - CONTENT ON THE DRIVE WILL BE DELETED.
- First download Windows Media Creator Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
- Install the program and open it. Agree and terms and "Create Installation Media"
- Next choose whether you would like to create media on a USB Flash Drive (8gb+) or make an ISO File to create a DVD (extra steps). We recommend creating a USB Flash Drive and the following steps will use that method. This will delete the contents of the flash drive.
- Ensure that only the USB Flash Drive you plan to use for the media creator is plugged into your computer and that your computer is plugged into power. Your drive letter may be different than the one in the picture. Click on the drive and click next.
- Once the drive is ready it is time to reinstall windows. This next step deletes all files, settings, and applications from your computer. Proceed only after backing up your computer.
shutdown your computer. Turn on the computer while tapping the "Enter"
key. Continue as the Lenovo logo comes up. You should hear a beep and
enter the Startup Interrupt Menu. Press F12 or "Fn + F12" to choose a temporary startup device.
7. Select USB FDD from the Boot Menu
8. Click Next and the install.
9. Select "Do Not Have Product Key"
10. Select Windows 11 Home
11. Select your "Primary" drive partition. You can also delete, consolidate, and format partitions at this step.
12. Select OK and the installation will begin
If you receive the message “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style”, delete ALL of the available partition OR turn on UEFI boot in BIOS settings (Tap F1 at startup => "Startup Settings" =>"UEFI/Legacy Boot" - change to "UEFI")
13. Upon startup follow along with setup and be sure to connect to internet when prompted.
When prompted to login into a Microsoft account we recommend you DO NOT USE YOUR HAWKEN EMAIL
If you do not connect to internet during setup you will need to go into Activation Settings once Windows starts and select Troubleshoot while connected to internet.
DeHawkenizing Your PC
DeHawkenizing Your PC Below you will find resources on submitting hardware requests for your computer in which a return shipping box will be sent to your house in order facilitate any needed repairs as well as the procedure for resetting your ...
Shut Down or Restart Windows 10 Devices
How to shut down or restart Windows 10 | Below are some ways to restart your Windows 10 device. 1. Shut down or restart Windows 10 using the Start Menu The simplest and most basic method of closing down Windows 10 is by using the Start Menu, ...
Reset unresponsive yoga device
Reset unresponsive yoga device Bottom view and rear view - ThinkPad Yoga 370 If your device will not turn on, even though you have been charging it – try this trick # 3 below.  Fan louvers  Keyboard drainage holes  Emergency-reset hole ...
X13 Yoga No Input Audio Device Detected (No Mic!)
Use this tutorial if your Lenovo Yoga x13 is fully up-to-date (both Windows Updates and Lenovo System Updates) and is not detecting the internal audio input device (microphone). This tutorial requires that you have administrative rights on your ...
Accessing Hawken e-mail from outside
If you want to access your Hawken e-mail account from a non-Hawken PC or mobile device, you can use a web browser instead of a full e-mail client (e.g. MS-Outlook). This is useful if you have de-Hawenized your PC or are away from your school ...