Lenovo Factory Image (Official)
To reset your Lenovo tablet to factory settings after you graduate or leave Hawken School, please do the following:
- Make sure you save a copy of all of your important files to a location other than the machine you are restoring. For example a USB external hard drive, cloud storage (OneDrive, Google Drive), or another computer.
- Plug your computer into a power outlet.
- Make sure you have administrative rights to make system-level changes to your computer. If not, please see the Hawken Tech Dept to assist.
- Have a USB flash drive, recommended 32gb, that can be wiped clean (deleting all files from the USB drive).
- Perform the steps listed in this video: How To - Creating a Recovery USB Key with Digital Download Recovery Service - YouTube
Once the process has completed, you can transfer your backed-up files back onto the computer. You will no longer be connected to any Hawken resources and will have full administrative rights to the machine. The software on the computer will be as if you just purchased it at the store.
-Hawken Tech Dept
Lenovo System update tutorial - 20MAR20
| Lenovo System updates Hawken Tech 20MAR20 Lenovo System update tutorial 21MAR20 It is recommended to plug your device into a power source, as some update required it. Save all unsaved documents – close applications. In the bottom left search ...
General Maintenance of your Lenovo computer
Below are some recommendations for keeping your computer in optimal condition, not only for remote learning, but during traditional school as well. A computer that is well-maintained and cared for results in fewer visits to the tech office, less ...
How to Submit Lenovo Warranty Claims from Home
How to Submit a Lenovo Service Request Verify your computer’s Accidental Damage Protection and/or Warranty is active by using this site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup#/ to search for plans associated with your serial number. Your ...
Reset Windows Device to Windows Home Version - Only Use When Leaving Hawken
To restore factory settings and install Windows Home refer to below steps: Only follow these steps if you have backed up your data and are leaving Hawken School. THIS PROCESS WILL DELETE ALL DATA, SETTINGS, AND APPLICATIONS To complete this process ...
X13 Yoga No Input Audio Device Detected (No Mic!)
Use this tutorial if your Lenovo Yoga x13 is fully up-to-date (both Windows Updates and Lenovo System Updates) and is not detecting the internal audio input device (microphone). This tutorial requires that you have administrative rights on your ...